Raphoon LLC was founded in 2018 by Ron Raphoon. Ron is a Texas Resident with years of experience in the field of pipeline coating. As the General Manager of a field joint coating company he was faced with the responsibility of developing methodologies and processes to improve quality and efficiency of Field Joint Coating. As a member of NACE he has been on numerous committees dealing specifically with pipeline coatings.
Here you will find a list of articles written by our founder, many of them are directly related to pipeline coating issues
This article written for Materials Performance magazine was published in August 2017 and discusses some of the coating issues associated to Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
In March 2019 we published a white paper for NACE's annual CORROSION Conference that reviews the differences between what PHMSA and PRCI suggest in terms of protecting pipe coatings for HDD's.
Member of NACE Committee:
- ANSI/NACE No. 13/SSPC-ASC-1-2016-SG, Industrial Coating and Lining Application Specialist Qualification and Certification
- TG 352 : Coating Systems (External) for Pipeline Directional Drill Applications
- Chair of TG 288: to develop a standard for Field-Applied Polyurethane Pipe Coating Systems for Girth Weld Joints: Application, Performance, and Quality Control
- Vice Chair of TG 249: to review RP0402, Field-Applied Fusion-Bonded Epoxy (FBE) Pipe Coating Systems for Girth Weld Joints: Application, Performance, and Quality Control
- TG 479 National Adoption of ISO 21809-3 group
Member of ISO Committee:
- All working groups affiliated with development of ISO 21809-3 Petroleum and natural gas industries —External coatings for buried or submerged pipelines used in pipeline transportation systems — Part 3: Field joint coatings